Where to drop off your compost
Your can drop off your compost during daylight hours any day of the week at the following locations.
Most people bring their compost in a reusable container that they dump from into the compost trash can or directly into the compost bin. If you bring your compost in a plastic bag, please don’t put the plastic bag in the compost bins.
- Oakhurst Garden, 435 Oakview Road, Decatur. Under the arbor to the left (when facing the office), we have a rollaway trashcan where you can drop off your compost.
- Edgewood Garden, 1503 Hardee St NE, Atlanta. There are compost bins behind the building where you may drop off your compost.
- Sugar Creek, in the floodplain behind Oakhurst Presbyterian Church at East Lake Drive and Second Avenue in Oakhurst (across the street from the dog park). You may drop off your compost in the bins that are located near the front of the garden.
What can be composted?
- Uncooked kitchen scraps like fruit peels and egg shells.
- Paper towels that have been used to wipe up water, OJ, or other non-oily spills.
- Paper towel holders, toilet paper rolls
What cannot be composted?
- Cooked food