Your child will explore the Oakhurst Garden, a unique urban setting complete with native woods, creek and farm.
Each week of camp will be different, so campers signed up for multiple weeks can have a new and exciting experience each time. Activities may include planting, tasting fresh organic fruits and veggies from the garden, creek walks, salamander hunts, caring for resident chickens, pond exploration and short hikes to greenspaces in the Oakhurst neighborhood.
Summer Camp Dates:
Camp weeks organized by CURRENT grade level (for the 2019 - 2020 school year)
- June 1-5, 9 AM - 2 PM: Open to 1st - 3rd grade campers
- June 8-12, 9 AM - 2 PM: Open to PreK - kindergarten campers* FULL
- June 22-26, 9 AM - 2 PM: Open to 1st - 3rd grade campers
- June 29- July 3, 9 AM - 2 PM: Open to PreK - kindergarten campers*
*Children must be potty trained to attend camp.
- Members: $225 (Use code MEMBERCAMP)
- Non-members: $250
There is a small camper-to-educator ratio with a maximum of 16 campers per session, so register ASAP!
- Monday through Thursday: Oakhurst Garden, 435 Oakview Road, Decatur, GA 30030
- Friday: Hawk Hollow,2304 1st Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30317 (1st-3rd grade only)
Please Note: 1st- 3rd grade campers will need to be dropped off and picked up from Oakhurst Garden Monday through Thursday, and from Hawk Hollow on Friday. 4-year-olds-kindergarten campers will need to be dropped off and picked up from Oakhurst Garden Monday through Friday.
What Campers Should Bring With Them Each Day
- Water bottle
- Bug spray
- A change of clothes (please label with name!)
- Shoes that can get wet (NO flip-flops)
- Towel (for Friday fun day)
- A positive attitude!