By Katey Gordon, Graduate Student, GSU Department of Nutrition
If you are looking for an extremely tasty, savory, and satisfying breakfast or an easy, quick dinner, look no further than this delicious quiche! This quiche is a blank canvas for a variety of ingredients, which makes it so fun to make! It’s the perfect way to pack in extra veggies or get rid of produce that is about to expire. It can feed a crowd, and it uses store-bought dough and only one bowl.
PRO TIP: This quiche is best when served day-of!
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 6-8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- Veggies of choice, chopped (pictured is red onion, bell peppers, spinach)
- Protein of choice, optional (I recommend bacon or cooked sausage)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup of a second cheese of choice
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- spices of choice
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Spread your pie crust over a glass pie pan and perforate the bottom with a fork.
- Combine eggs, milk, garlic, and spices. Whisk together well.
- Add all veggies and protein to the pie crust
- Pour the egg mixture over veggies / protein in the pie dish
- Top with extra cheese
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until eggs are set and the top is golden brown