Preliminary details for the February 20, 2022* Seed and Scion Exchange
* This is a new date. The event has been moved from January 23 to February 20.
Wylde Center is excited to be bringing back our annual Seed and Scion Exchange on February 20, 2022 from 1-4 PM. This is an event where all participants bring seeds to share with one another.
- Date and time: February 20, 2022, 1-4 PM
- Location: Wylde Center's Edgewood Community Learning Garden located at 53 Mayson Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30307.
- Cost: Free
- Sign up for your session HERE
Register in advance:
All participants should register in advance to reserve your 20 minute (ish) time slot. Walk ins will be allowed for any open time slots. Please reserve your spot.
Everyone will be asked to wear a mask while in the Edgewood Community Learning Garden and its building.
Please note that Wylde Center is monitoring the COVID situation. Wylde Center reserves the right to cancel the event is conditions are unsafe or if the City of Atlanta limits event gatherings.
What to bring:
We are asking that registrants bring at least 5 seed packets to contribute to the event. Don't have 5 different kinds of seeds? Not a problem at all, you can break up one big packet of seeds into 5 individual packets to contribute. Have fun swapping!
How the swap works:
1. Upon arriving, you will check in at one of the entrance tables (either from Coan parking lot or on the driveway from Mayson Avenue.
2. You will take the seeds you are sharing and place them on the signed tables. i.e. tomato seeds go on the tomato table, beans on the bean table. We will have a person helping you locate the appropriate tables.
3. Once you have distributed your seeds, feel free to browse the tables for seeds you want to take home, visit our community partner tables and Wylde Center merch table, and chat with the fruit tree scion club.
Resources: (Click Links Below)
We encourage registrants to walk, bike or Uber to the event as parking is limited. We ask that you park in the lot behind the former Coan Middle School. You can access this parking via an entrance on Hosea L. Williams Dr. NE. We will have signs on the street to help you find the lot. Once in the lot you can proceed to the backside of the building where you can park, there is a gate that will give you access to enter right into our Edgewood Garden. If the lot is full, please park on Mayson Ave NE or Hardee St. NE, but please don't block driveways.